The Music Guild of
2013 Senorita Ball
The 2013 Senorita Ball was such a success! Click here for photos, a recap of the exciting and fun evening, and - most importantly - the amount of money we raised to grant to our 2013 Grant Recipients!
2013-2014 Membership Year
As we begin the 2013-2014 membership year and look forward to greeting our new and returning members, we are pleased to announce the results of our second year as the Music Guild of New Mexico. We will be awarding $75,000 to local nonprofit music organizations and music education in the form of monetary grants. Congratulations and thank you to everyone who made this possible!
2013 Grant Recipients
This year our grant applications truly reflected the multicultural and diverse nature of music available to New Mexicans, especially here in Albuquerque. Thanks to our members and our fundraisers, we are able to grant $75,000 again this year and are thrilled to be able to support a multicultural variety of music ranging from folk music to gospel, various choral groups, orchestral groups, and a dulcimer group as well as groups providing music education.
Adelante Development Center, Inc.
Albuquerque Baroque Players
Albuquerque Chamber Soloists
Albuquerque Folk Festival
Albuquerque Youth Symphony Program, Inc.
Ensemble Music New Mexico / CHATTER
Festival Ballet Albuquerque
Hey, Mozart! New Mexico
Landmark Musicals, Inc.
New Mexico Black History Month Organizing Committee
New Mexico Dulcimer Association
New Mexico Gay Men’s Chorus
New Mexico Jazz Workshop
New Mexico Philharmonic
New Mexico Symphonic Chorus
Polyphony: Voices of New Mexico
Quintessence: Choral Artists of the Southwest
Rio Rancho Symphonic Band
Santa Fe Youth Symphony Association, Inc.
Click here to visit
our Grant Recipients' websites!
The Music Guild of New Mexico
is a volunteer organization committed to supporting music through financial, educational, and promotional activities. The talented and diverse members of the Guild educate and build community relationships to ensure our musical legacy by supporting nonprofit musical organizations and nonprofit music education for young people in New Mexico. The Music Guild provides members with friendship, fun, worthwhile endeavors, networking, and personal growth, and enthusiastically welcomes new members at any time.
Our goals are:
- To explore, develop, organize, promote, and support fundraising events
- To promote music appreciation and educational opportunities throughout the community
- To increase public awareness of the Guild
- 1932 - Founding of the Albuquerque Civic Symphony
- 1952 -Establishment of the Albuquerque Women's Association
- 1956 - Founding of the Doñita Program, a service and volunteer organization for high school girls. It evolved into the Señoritas of the Symphony Program
- 1966 - The Albuquerque Civic Symphony changed its name to the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra to reflect statewide involvement
- 2002 - The Guild celebrated its 50th anniversary
- 2007 - The Guild celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Symphony Ball and the 75th anniversary of the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra
- 2011 - The New Mexico Symphony Guild changed its name to Music Guild of New Mexico when the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra declared bankruptcy and closed its doors.
- 2012 - The new Music Guild of New Mexico, moving to fulfill its new mission, began granting funds through an application process. This first year, $75,000 was awarded to thirteen nonprofit music organizations.
May 2013 Keynotes Available
(click on the image below)
Click here to see photos of our May 8 Luncheon -- music, dance and more!
The winners of the 2013
Jackie McGehee Young Artists' Competition:
First Place, Piano: Maria Vigil
Second Place, Piano: Ken Lien
Third Place, Piano: Molly Thomas
First Place, Strings:
Rachel Gallegos, violin
Second Place, Strings:
Ivan Aidun, double bass
Third Place, Strings:
Samantha Andrew, violin
Honorable Mention, Strings:
Brian Wade, violin
Click here to read more
and to view photos of the event!
Music Guild of
(2012 JMYAC winner)
solo piano recital
Saturday, June 1, 2:00 PM
Keller Hall, UNM
Young Artists' Competition
Click here to view and download the JMYAC application for 2014.
The 2012-2013 Music Guild of New Mexico Board of Directors (from left): Sharon Hart, Teresa Edens, Denise Lemanski, Teri Fahs, Sue Brown, Roz Cohen, Diana Whitehouse, Maria Romero McCue, Yvette Lyle, Jackie Tobias, and Karen Hopkins.
~ Photograph by Rick Cohen
Music Guild of
Nonprofit organizations supporting music
and/or music education in New Mexico
are invited to apply for
2014 MGNM funds.
2014 Grant Application
What's happening with the Music Guild?
Find the most current information about
the Guild's events and programs on our
Join The Guild!
The Music Guild of New Mexico is an organization comprised of fun people who have fun ideas to raise funds. Click here to learn more about becoming a member!