The Music Guild of
2014 Senorita Ball
Saturday, March 29, 2014
at the beautiful Marriott Pyramid
to hear all about
the Señorita Ball
and to view photos!
2013-2014 Membership Year
As we begin the 2013-2014 membership year and look forward to greeting our new and returning members, we are pleased to announce the results of our second year as the Music Guild of New Mexico. We have awarded $75,000 to local nonprofit music organizations and music education in the form of monetary grants. Congratulations and thank you to everyone who made this possible!
2013 Grant Recipients
This year our grant applications truly reflected the multicultural and diverse nature of music available to New Mexicans, especially here in Albuquerque. Thanks to our members and our fundraisers, we are able to grant $75,000 again this year and are thrilled to be able to support a multicultural variety of music ranging from folk music to gospel, various choral groups, orchestral groups, and a dulcimer group as well as groups providing music education.
Adelante Development Center, Inc.
Albuquerque Baroque Players
Albuquerque Chamber Soloists
Albuquerque Folk Festival
Albuquerque Youth Symphony Program, Inc.
Ensemble Music New Mexico / CHATTER
Festival Ballet Albuquerque
Hey, Mozart! New Mexico
Landmark Musicals, Inc.
New Mexico Black History Month Organizing Committee
New Mexico Dulcimer Association
New Mexico Gay Men’s Chorus
New Mexico Jazz Workshop
New Mexico Philharmonic
New Mexico Symphonic Chorus
Polyphony: Voices of New Mexico
Quintessence: Choral Artists of the Southwest
Rio Rancho Symphonic Band
Santa Fe Youth Symphony Association, Inc.
Click here to visit
our Grant Recipients' websites!
The Music Guild of New Mexico
is a volunteer organization committed to supporting music through financial, educational, and promotional activities. The talented and diverse members of the Guild educate and build community relationships to ensure our musical legacy by supporting nonprofit musical organizations and nonprofit music education for young people in New Mexico. The Music Guild provides members with friendship, fun, worthwhile endeavors, networking, and personal growth, and enthusiastically welcomes new members at any time.
Our goals are:
- To explore, develop, organize, promote, and support fundraising events
- To promote music appreciation and educational opportunities throughout the community
- To increase public awareness of the Guild
- 1932 - Founding of the Albuquerque Civic Symphony
- 1952 -Establishment of the Albuquerque Women's Association
- 1956 - Founding of the Doñita Program, a service and volunteer organization for high school girls. It evolved into the Señoritas of the Symphony Program
- 1966 - The Albuquerque Civic Symphony changed its name to the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra to reflect statewide involvement
- 2002 - The Guild celebrated its 50th anniversary
- 2007 - The Guild celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Symphony Ball and the 75th anniversary of the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra
- 2011 - The New Mexico Symphony Guild changed its name to Music Guild of New Mexico when the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra declared bankruptcy and closed its doors.
- 2012 - The new Music Guild of New Mexico, moving to fulfill its new mission, began granting funds through an application process. This first year, $75,000 was awarded to thirteen nonprofit music organizations.
- 2013 - The Music Guild of New Mexico hosted a concert starring Doug Montgomery, pianist, to benefit the Music Guild's Jackie McGehee Young Artists' Competition for Piano and Strings.
Music Guild of
New Mexico Philharmonic
Youth Concerts for Fourth Graders
Tuesday, May 13, Wednesday, May 14,
and Thursday, May 15
10:00 AM and 12:00 noon
on all three days.
Popejoy Hall, UNM
JMYAC Winners with the New Mexico Philharmonic at the Albuquerque Zoo
Saturday, May 24, 2014, 8:00 PM
The winners of the 2014
Jackie McGehee Young Artists' Competition:
First Place, Piano: Ken Lien
Second Place, Piano: Stephanie Yang
Third Place, Piano: Dennis Huang
Honorable Mention, Piano:
Joseph Seth Zamora
Honorable Mention, Piano: Gavin Laur
First Place, Strings: Ryan Downs, violin
Second Place, Strings: Abigail Herrick, violin
Third Place, Strings: Ivan Aidun, double bass
Click here to read more and view photos!
Click here to view photos from our Spring Luncheon and General Meeting on March 19!
January 2014 Keynotes Available
(click on the image below)
Young Artists' Competition
Check back here later in the year to view and download the JMYAC application for 2015.
Thank you to all our 2014 applicants!
Music Guild of
Nonprofit organizations supporting music
and/or music education in New Mexico
are invited to apply for
MGNM Grant Application Letter and
Grant Application Form
What's happening with the Music Guild?
Find the most current information about
the Guild's events and programs on our
Join The Guild!
The Music Guild of New Mexico is an organization comprised of fun people who have fun ideas to raise funds. Click here to learn more about becoming a member!