2015-16 Membership Year
As we begin the 2015-16 membership year and look forward to greeting our new and returning members, we are pleased to announce the results of our fourth year as the Music Guild of New Mexico. We have awarded $60,000 to local nonprofit music organizations and music education in the form of monetary grants. Congratulations and thank you to everyone who made this possible!
2015 Grant Recipients
This year, as last year, our grant applications truly reflected the multicultural and diverse nature of music available to New Mexicans, especially here in Albuquerque. Thanks to our members and our fundraisers, we are able to grant $60,000 this year and are thrilled to be able to support a multicultural variety of music ranging from folk music to jazz, various choral groups, orchestral groups, and much more.
Albuquerque Civic Chorus
Albuquerque Folk Festival
Albuquerque Philharmonic Orchestra
Chatter/Ensemble New Mexico
Guitar New Mexico
Musical Theatre Southwest
New Mexico Dulcimer Association
New Mexico Jazz Workshop
New Mexico Philharmonic
New Mexico Symphonic Chorus
Quintessence: Choral Artists of the Southwest
Rio Rancho Youth Chorus
Santa Fe Youth Symphony
Turquoise Trail Performing Arts
Valencia County Community Band
Click here to visit
our Grant Recipients' websites!
The Music Guild of New Mexico
is a volunteer organization committed to supporting music through financial, educational, and promotional activities. The talented and diverse members of the Guild educate and build community relationships to ensure our musical legacy by supporting nonprofit musical organizations and nonprofit music education for young people in New Mexico. The Music Guild provides members with friendship, fun, worthwhile endeavors, networking, and personal growth, and enthusiastically welcomes new members at any time.
Our goals are:
- To explore, develop, organize, promote, and support fundraising events
- To promote music appreciation and educational opportunities throughout the community
- To increase public awareness of the Guild
- 1932 - Founding of the Albuquerque Civic Symphony
- 1952 -Establishment of the Albuquerque Women's Association
- 1956 - Founding of the Doñita Program, a service and volunteer organization for high school girls. It evolved into the Señoritas of the Symphony Program
- 1966 - The Albuquerque Civic Symphony changed its name to the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra to reflect statewide involvement
- 2002 - The Guild celebrated its 50th anniversary
- 2007 - The Guild celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Symphony Ball and the 75th anniversary of the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra
- 2011 - The New Mexico Symphony Guild changed its name to Music Guild of New Mexico when the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra declared bankruptcy and closed its doors.
- 2012 - The new Music Guild of New Mexico, moving to fulfill its new mission, began granting funds through an application process. This first year, $75,000 was awarded to thirteen nonprofit music organizations.
- 2013 - The Music Guild of New Mexico hosted a concert starring Doug Montgomery, pianist, to benefit the Music Guild's Jackie McGehee Young Artists' Competition for Piano and Strings.
- 2014 - The Music Guild of New Mexico, in its third year of granting funds to nonprofit music organizations, has provided $80,000 to sixteen wonderful organizations in its continuing support of music in New Mexico.
- 2015 - In its fourth year of granting funds to nonprofit music organizations, The Music Guild of New Mexico has provided $60,000 to nineteen deserving organizations in its continuing support of music in New Mexico.
Music Guild of
MGNM Holiday Luncheon
and General Meeting
December 12, 2015
Click here to view photos from the
Pretty Purse Palooza fundraiser on
October 2015 Keynotes Available Now!
(click on the image below)
The Music Guild's
Young Artists' Competition
CLICK HERE to view and download the JMYAC application for 2016.
The winners of the Music Guild's 2015
Jackie McGehee Young Artists' Competition:
First Place, Piano: Ishan Loomba
Second Place, Piano: Stephanie Yang
Third Place, Piano: Jessica Lien
First Place, Strings: Phoenix Avalon, Violin
Second Place, Strings: Maggie King, Violin
Third Place, Strings: Sam Barrett, Cello
Many, many thanks to our dedicated coordinators and volunteers for their yeomen service in helping this competition be the wonderful success that it was!!
CLICK HERE for more information!
Music Guild of New Mexico
Nonprofit organizations supporting music
and/or music education in New Mexico
are invited to apply for
2016 MGNM funds
What's happening with the Music Guild?
Find the most current information about
the Guild's events and programs on our
Join The Guild!
The Music Guild of New Mexico is an organization comprised of fun people who have fun ideas to raise funds. Click here to learn more about becoming a member!