Popejoy Hall on the UNM Campus
203 Cornell Dr
Albuquerque, NM 87131
Popejoy Youth Concerts are back!
Please let Karla Bressan know your availability as soon as possible.
The NMPhilharmonic will be performing a special concert for fifth-graders at
Tuesday, September 27 at 10:00 am and 12:00 noon
Friday, September 30 at 10:00 am and 12:00 noon
Yes, these are the correct dates & times!
The parking garage, just east of Popejoy Hall, is the most convenient place to park. There is a pay station.
Plan to be in Popejoy Hall lobby by 8:45 – don’t be late.
Guild volunteers have a long history of helping thousands of students into Popejoy Hall for a special concert. Here’s what to expect...
- It’s easy –
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- It will be a beautiful fall morning, children’s voices filling the air, a hot-air balloon or two flying overhead, meeting other Guild members and enjoying the MUSIC.
- Two 45-minute performances each day at 10:00 am and 12:00 noon.
- The busses begin to arrive about 9:00 am for the 10:00 concert.
- All the busses seem to arrive at the same time. A rush of excited kids.
- Volunteers are strategically placed along the path to help guide students to the ushers waiting to take them into the concert hall.
- Once the students are seated, we can relax and enjoy the concert.
- After the concert, the students are released by their schools.
- As the morning busses pull away, the 12:00 busses begin to arrive.
- We can leave after the second wave of students are settled in the concert hall.
- Frontier for lunch?
Excellent volunteer opportunity... because music matters